We can support a transition, but due to the inherent complexities in supporting two different sites with a minimum of downtime, it's critical to follow this guide.
You can expect the following changes during/after transition:
- Customers will maintain their point balances
- Any outstanding rewards which have been claimed but not yet used will be refunded for points before the transition
- Customers will lose their activity history, but it will still be available for you to refer to
These restrictions are due to the fact that changing platforms between the two Magento versions completely changes the internal IDs of customers and rewards, so there's no easy way to reconcile the customers/rewards in the old store with the new store.
Steps to follow:
- Let us know about re-platforming from Magento1 to Magento2 - contact email@example.com
- We will send you the installation instructions for LoyaltyLion on Magento2
- Set up new rewards, activity rules, emails, etc. how you like ( you can recreate the ones from M1 loyalty program)
- Send us a list of your customers exported from M2 site so we can match their new customer IDs to the points from your M1 site
- We will import the old points and customers to your loyalty program on M2 site