Please note that Attentive integration is available for our Plus merchants. If you'd like to learn more please see our pricing page.
Attentive is only available in the US, Canada, Australia and UK.
In this article:
Why LoyaltyLion and Attentive?
Connect your loyalty and engagement platform to grow your list of SMS subscribers. Reward your customers with loyalty points when they sign up to receive SMS marketing campaigns. With this integration, you set up the number of points a user can receive, and then Attentive can pass back the subscriber’s email address, phone number, and the number of loyalty points to your LoyaltyLion platform.
Benefits of integrating with Attentive
Drive more revenue
Target the right audience
Engage high-value mobile subscribers with relevant messages
Scale your SMS program and exceed your performance goals
How does the integration work?
There are two main components to the Attentive integration:
LoyaltyLion integration: push customer events from LoyaltyLion to Attentive
Attentive integration: give customers points for signing up to SMS
You can create dynamic segments to use in campaigns for the customers in Attentive using the customer event data.
Events that can be used to trigger SMS marketing journeys:
These will appear as "A subscriber's activity" when creating segments.
Customer changes tier
Customer’s tier has been upgraded
Customer’s tier has been downgraded
Customer has new rewards available
Customer refers a friend
Customer has completed an activity
Customer approaching new tier
Customer moved to Loyal
Customer moved to At Risk
Customer moved to Win Back
Customer claimed reward
How to integrate LoyaltyLion with Attentive?
Please note this feature is available on our Plus plan.
1. Log in to your LoyaltyLion account
2. Click on the tab Manage
3. On the left find Integrations and click Manage
4. Find Attentive on the list and click the Install Integration button
5. Authorize LoyaltyLion
6. Select the events you'd like us to send from LL to Attentive (we suggest selecting all of them). We also will send the fields to Attentive.
7. You can find the event triggers in Attentive by going to Segments and creating a new segment.
8. LoyaltyLion fields should be visible as Custom Events
How to give points for signing up to Attentive?
LoyaltyLion finds the customers to give them points for the sign-up rule by their email address. Please ensure your SMS sign-up form includes an email field.
1. Log in to your LoyaltyLion account and click on the tab Manage
2. On the left find Activity rules and click Create new rule
3. Find the Custom rule
4. Set the identifier to attentive_sms and fill the rest of the fields.
Note: The "Description" field of the custom rule in LoyaltyLion accepts HTML. You can direct your customers to the signup form on Attentive's website here by including a link here.
For more information on what that link might be, speak to your Attentive CSM, but you should be able to link customers to the page there with a description like this or similar:
Click <a href="attentive_landing_url"> HERE </a> to finish signing up for SMS
5. Click Create rule at the bottom of the page
6. On the left find Configuration and click Settings
7. Scroll down and find your personal Token and Secret
8. In Attentive, navigate to the integration setup page and select LoyaltyLion.
Note: If the LoyaltyLion tile is not available on the integration setup page, contact Attentive's White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide them with the details in the next step.
9. Enter the previously collected token, secret, and Loyalty Name.
10. Click Set up integration. Your Loyalty Lion account is now connected to Attentive from LoyaltyLion!
11. To finish setting up the sign-up rule, follow steps 2 and 3 in Attentive's guide here.
Frequently asked questions
Why didn't my customer get points for signing up for SMS?
There are a couple of things you can check to see why a customer didn't get points:
Do you have an email field in your SMS sign-up form? If not, we won't be able to connect the SMS number to the customer.
Did the customer enter the same email address to this form as the one they've registered for the loyalty program? If not, we won't be able to find the correct customer account to give points.
If both of the above statements are true, there may be an issue - contact email@example.com for further support. You can manually give points in the case of user errors like those above, though - click here to find out how.
Why don't I see my LoyaltyLion events appearing in Attentive?
The events appear in real-time as customers fulfill LoyaltyLion activities, meaning that they will only be available once the event has been completed.
For example, before the refer-a-friend event appears in Attentive, a successful referral needs to be completed. If you have 0 referrals completed on your store, you won't see the referral completed event in Attentive.