To see which plans include Klaviyo integration please see our pricing page. If Klaviyo isn't listed on your integrations page within LoyaltyLion and you would like it, please contact email@example.com
In this article:
Please note that using one Klaviyo account with more than one LoyaltyLion program is not supported
If you already have the Klaviyo Email integration active, you also have SMS integrated as well.
Why Klaviyo and LoyaltyLion?
Klaviyo is built on a single idea: using data to drive your marketing delivers better results. The platform makes it easy to pull in important data, use it to personalize your marketing content, target your campaigns, review your results and optimize performance.
Using LoyaltyLion and Klaviyo together allows you to send SMS messages that your customers will look forward to receiving.
Benefits of integrating with Klaviyo
Engage with your audience and make time exclusive announcements that won't get lost in spam folders.
Increase customer acquisition with referral prompt SMS messages, so your customers always have their link in hand.
Target specific customer groups with segmentation.
How to integrate LoyaltyLion with Klaviyo?
The SMS integration integrates in the same way as the Klaviyo Email integration. If you already have the Email integration active, you do not need to integrate again for the SMS functionality to work.
1. Login to your LoyaltyLion account
2. Click on the tab Manage
3. On the left find Integrations and click Manage
4. Find Klaviyo on the list and click Install Integration button
5. Follow the instruction on the site in order to find your Public and Private API key.
(Click an Image and make it bigger)
6. Log in to your Klaviyo account
7. Click on your name and select Account on the drop-down menu
8. Click on Settings and select API Keys
9. Copy-paste the Public API Key and paste it in LoyaltyLion. Then click on Create Private API Key and copy-paste it
10. Click Install Klaviyo in LoyaltyLion to save the changes.
11. If you wish to select the properties to push to your Klaviyo contacts, go to:
Manage > Integrations and click Configure Integration
What fields are synchronized to Klaviyo?
The same fields and properties used in Klaviyo emails can also be used in the Klaviyo SMS content, and the segments created for emails can also be used for SMS as well.
We currently sync the following merge fields to each member:
Points (total, approved, pending, spent, lifetime)
Number of rewards claimed
Date enrolled in the program
Customer's unique referral link
Total Points (approved and pending points): points_total
Approved (redeemable) points: points_approved
Pending points: points_pending
Lifetime points: points_lifetime
Spent points: points_spent
Number of rewards claimed: rewards_claimed
Date enrolled in the program: enroll_date
Referral URL: referral_url
Loyalty Tier: loyalty_tier
Insights segment: insights_segment
Don't be alarmed if you can't see the fields in Klaviyo right away after you integrate. The initial sync might take a moment to push all the properties, however, once it's done, fields will be pushed in real-time.
You can find the fields in the tab Profiles in Klaviyo and by clicking on a specific customer's account.
How to segment your customers in Klaviyo
You can use the properties to segment your customers. You can do this by following the below steps:
Click on the Lists & Segments
2. In the top right corner click on the Create List/Segment
3. On the next site select Segment
4. Add a new definition and click on Dimension. LoyaltyLion properties should be visible on the drop-down menu under Custom properties
You can also add LoyaltyLion fields to existing SMS messages, but only one property per SMS message:
(Click an image and make it bigger)