In this article:
How to set up Free product voucher reward?
1. Login to your LoyaltyLion account
2. Click on the tab Manage
3. On the left find Rewards and click on Create new reward
4. Find Free Product (voucher)
5. [Shopify] Enter product ID and click Find product
6. Fill the information like the title and Product SKU*. Enter the cost to redeem the reward.
*SKU = Stock Keeping Unit, is a number assigned to a product by the company for stock-keeping purposes and internal operations.
Please note, that if you do not have variants of the product, but add them later on, you will need to recreate the reward in LoyaltyLion as well in order to include the correct product variant and SKU!!!
7. Click Create.
How does it work?
- This is a product voucher so it can be added to checkout without anything else in the cart.
- When the reward is originally claimed, we add the correct product to the customer's cart for them (in the http://your-store.com/cart. Please note that if your store has a different cart path, customers might need to add the product themselves and then apply a discount). However, if they don't check out then, but come back later, their cart may have been cleared. They have to add the product to their cart and use their discount code.
Q. Can I create a reward that is a percentage of the product so that it isn't free?
Yes! Choose the 'Product discount' reward, enter the Product ID and choose a variant if prompted, then enter a discount amount.
Q. I looked at my new reward in Shopify and it says it is a 'Fixed amount' discount, why?
Your 'Free product' and 'Product discount' rewards will appear in Shopify as 'Fixed amount' discounts, rather than 'Percentage discount' discounts because Shopify applies the percentage discount to all items in a customer's cart that match a Product ID, as opposed to just one. Hence, to match expected behaviour - of discounts only applying to one item - we save the reward as a 'Fixed amount' discount that matches the particular percentage discount.
Q. Can I choose multiple variants for the same reward?
No, currently you can only choose one variant per reward.
Q. I'm using a custom platform, how do I upload the vouchers for the reward?
Custom platform merchants need to provide the name and URL. Just like all other vouchers, you need to upload them manually, so it's up to you to upload vouchers with appropriately set conditions that make them apply to that product. We don't do any kind of restriction or enforcement on our side.