To see which plans include Klaviyo integration please see our pricing page. If Klaviyo isn't listed on your integrations page within LoyaltyLion and you would like it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In this article:
- Why Klaviyo and LoyaltyLion?
- Benefits of integrating with Klaviyo
- How to integrate LoyaltyLion with Klaviyo?
- What fields are synchronized to Klaviyo?
Why Klaviyo and LoyaltyLion?
Klaviyo is built on a single idea: using data to drive your marketing delivers better results. The platform makes it easy to pull in important data, use it to personalise your marketing content, target your campaigns, review your results and optimise performance.
Using LoyaltyLion and Klaviyo together allows you to send emails that your customers will look forward to receiving.
Benefits of integrating with Klaviyo
- Increase repeat purchases with reward available emails
- Engage with customers via monthly loyalty summary emails
- Increase customer acquisition with referral prompt emails
- Target specific customer groups with segmentation
- Richer personalisation
How to integrate LoyaltyLion with Klaviyo?
1. Login to your LoyaltyLion account
2. Click on the tab Manage
3. On the left find Integrations and click Manage
4. Find Klaviyo on the list and click Install Integration button
5. Follow the instruction on the site in order to find your Public and Private API key.
(Click an Image and make it bigger)
6. Click Install Klaviyo to save the changes.
7. If you wish to select the properties to push to your Klaviyo contacts, go to:
Manage > Integrations and click Configure Integration
What fields are synchronised to Klaviyo?
Note: If you want to know how to use template tags in Klaviyo emails,
We currently sync the following merge fields to each member:
- Points (total, approved, pending, spent, lifetime)
- Number of rewards claimed
- Date enrolled in the program
- Customer's unique referral link
- Loyalty Tier
- Insights segment
Don't be alarmed if you can't see the fields in Klaviyo right away after you integrate. Initial sync might take a moment to push all the properties, however once it's done, fields will be pushed real-time.
You can find the fields in the tab Profiles in Klaviyo and by clicking on specific customer's account.
You can also use the properties to segment your customers. You can do this by following the below steps:
- Click on the Lists & Segments
2. In the top right corner click on the Create List/Segment
3. On the next site select Segment
4. Add a new definition and click on Dimension. LoyaltyLion properties should be visible on the drop down menu under Custom properties
Here is the complete list of merge fields we sync:
Total Points (approved and pending points): points_total
Approved (redemable) points: points_approved
Pending points: points_pending
Lifetime points: points_lifetime
Spent points: points_spent
Number of rewards claimed: rewards_claimed
Date enrolled in the program: enroll_date
Referral URL: referral_url
Loyalty Tier: loyalty_tier
Insights segment: insights_segment
(Click an Image and make it bigger)
Q. How can I use this data to help my business?
This data will help you increase revenue, engagement and customer acquisition, as well as segmenting customers based on their loyalty properties, prompt customers to refer their friends by emailing them with their referral link and more.
Q. I have connected with my ESP provider, but fields LoyaltyLion was supposed to provide do not appear in my ESP.
In order for LoyaltyLion to synchronise information with your ESP, LoyaltyLion has to be live on the page. After launching your program we'll start sending information, so it might take a moment for all the info to get synchronised. Once the first sync is done, we will be sending this data in real-time.
Q. Some of the loyalty fields, like tiers, are not showing up in Klaviyo, even though I selected all of them to be synchronised.
Some LoyaltyLion fields are synchronised straight away (like points or referral URL), and some of them, like tiers, require a feature to be enabled beforehand. In order to see the loyalty tier field in Klaviyo, please go to Manage > Manage tiers and check if your tiers have been launched and finished processing.