To see which plans include Klaviyo integration please see our pricing page. If Klaviyo isn't listed on your integrations page within LoyaltyLion and you would like it, please contact email@example.com
In this article:
Why Klaviyo and LoyaltyLion?
Klaviyo is built on a single idea: using data to drive your marketing delivers better results. The platform makes it easy to pull in important data, use it to personalise your marketing content, target your campaigns, review your results and optimise performance.
Using LoyaltyLion and Klaviyo together allows you to send emails that your customers will look forward to receiving.
Benefits of integrating with Klaviyo
Increase repeat purchases with reward available emails
Engage with customers via monthly loyalty summary emails
Increase customer acquisition with referral prompt emails
Target specific customer groups with segmentation
How to integrate LoyaltyLion with Klaviyo?
1. Login to your LoyaltyLion account
2. Click on the tab Manage
3. On the left find Integrations and click Manage
4. Find Klaviyo on the list and click Install Integration button
5. Follow the instruction on the site in order to find your Public and Private API key.
(Click an Image and make it bigger)
6. Log in to your Klaviyo account
7. Click on your name and select Account on the drop-down menu
8. Click on Settings and select API Keys
9. Copy-paste the Public API Key and paste it in LoyaltyLion. Then click on Create Private API Key and copy-paste it
10. Click Install Klaviyo in LoyaltyLion to save the changes.
11. If you wish to select the properties to push to your Klaviyo contacts, go to:
Manage > Integrations and click Configure Integration
What fields are synchronised to Klaviyo?
Note: If you want to know how to use template tags in Klaviyo emails,
We currently sync the following merge fields to each member:
Points (total, approved, pending, spent, lifetime)
Number of rewards claimed
Date enrolled in the program
Customer's unique referral link
Don't be alarmed if you can't see the fields in Klaviyo right away after you integrate. Initial sync might take a moment to push all the properties, however, once it's done, fields will be pushed in real-time.
If you are on our Plus plan, you also have access to additional event triggers. They will automatically appear below the list of merge fields:
You can find the fields in the tab Profiles in Klaviyo and by clicking on a specific customer's account.
You can also use the properties to segment your customers. You can do this by following the below steps:
Click on the Lists & Segments
2. In the top right corner click on the Create List/Segment
3. On the next site select Segment
4. Add a new definition and click on Dimension. LoyaltyLion properties should be visible on the drop-down menu under Custom properties
You can also add LoyaltyLion fields to existing emails:
Here is the complete list of merge fields we sync:
Total Points (approved and pending points): points_total
Approved (redeemable) points: points_approved
Pending points: points_pending
Lifetime points: points_lifetime
Spent points: points_spent
Number of rewards claimed: rewards_claimed
Date enrolled in the program: enroll_date
Referral URL: referral_url
Loyalty Tier: loyalty_tier
Insights segment: insights_segment
(Click an image and make it bigger)
How to recreate LoyaltyLion emails in Klaviyo?
Please note that this feature is available for our Plus merchants.
Click here to see our pricing page.
LoyaltyLion sends events from the loyalty program to your Klaviyo account. This means that you can create emails that include information about redeemable rewards particular customers can claim (similar to LoyalltyLion emails).
1. Click on the tab Manage
3. On the left find Integrations and click Manage
4. Click Configure Integration next to your Klaviyo integration and scroll down to enable event triggers.
5. Log in to your Klaviyo account. On your Klaviyo Dashboard and select Flows on the left
6. Create a new flow
7. Select Create from Scratch and name the flow
8. On the left select Metric as the trigger for your flow.
For the Reward available email select LoyaltyLion - Reward Available and click Done at the bottom
9. Select the action on the left and drag-and-drop it under the trigger. I'll be using Email so that customers receive a specific message with an overview of their messages.
10. Click on Configure Content to customise an email. You'll be asked to select a way to design your email. I've selected Drag and Drop, however, you can also choose HTML to create it. Select the template to continue.
11. In order to create buttons with rewards currently available for your customers click on Blocks and then drag-and-drop Buttons in place you wish to list the rewards.
12. Click on the three horizontal lines, ❗️make sure that the setting is set to ON❗️ , and fill the boxes with info as below to iterate over available rewards. Save the changes.
13. Make sure to add the correct information in CONTENT section and Save.
This is how the email should look like after you correctly filled the boxes:
14. To preview the email, click on Preview on the left and then on Preview Now.
You should see all the rewards as separate buttons:
Q. How can I use this data to help my business?
This data will help you increase revenue, engagement, and customer acquisition, as well as segmenting customers based on their loyalty properties, prompt customers to refer their friends by emailing them with their referral link, and more.
Q. I have connected with my ESP provider, but the fields LoyaltyLion was supposed to provide do not appear in my ESP.
In order for LoyaltyLion to synchronise information with your ESP, LoyaltyLion has to be live on the page. After launching your program we'll start sending information, so it might take a moment for all the info to get synchronised. Once the first sync is done, we will be sending this data in real-time.
Q. Some of the loyalty fields, like tiers, are not showing up in Klaviyo, even though I selected all of them to be synchronised.
Some LoyaltyLion fields are synchronised straight away (like points or referral URL), and some of them, like tiers, require a feature to be enabled beforehand. In order to see the loyalty tier field in Klaviyo, please go to Manage > Manage tiers and check if your tiers have been launched and finished processing.
Q. Why do customer referral links in Klaviyo differ from those in the customer export?
Each customer has a separate referral link for each 'referral channel' as each referral link encodes information about where a given referral comes from. The referral link may be different from that in the customer export, however, it still belongs to the assigned customer.
Q. I've enabled all Klaviyo event triggers, but I can't see them in Klaviyo. Why?
For the time being, our event triggers appear in Klaviyo when the first trigger happens in your LoyaltyLion. For example, you will see a tier trigger appear once you launch tiers in LoyaltyLion.