In this article:
- What are conditional tiers?
- Why would I want to create a conditional tier?
- How to add a conditional tier?
What are conditional tiers?
Conditional Tiers are an exclusive type of loyalty tier that can only be accessed by customers who have a specific tag within Shopify.
You can design this tier so special customers who are tagged can get exclusive access to rewards and/or are given more/less points for certain activities, for example, wholesalers would earn less points for purchases and would need more points for rewards.
Why would I want to create a conditional tier?
Conditional Tiers are a great way to segment your customers into groups and create relevant rules and rewards for this segment. Reward your Wholesalers for their purchases or tag your top referrers and give them double points for all referrals.
How to add a conditional tier?
1. You will need to contact us to set up a conditional tier for you. Please email email@example.com letting us know the exact tag you will be using to segment your customers and the desired name of your tier.
Note: This tag is case sensitive.
Once we have set up the tier, all tagged customer will automatically be placed within this tier. Find out more about tagging customers here.
Note. There can only be one conditional tier per store and these cannot be used alongside subscriber tiers.
2. Go to manage tiers where you will be led through the tier setup process, the conditional tier will be present.
Remember to add all the tiers you want at once - once you've launched them you can't add or remove tiers yourself.
Note: Once launched you can't edit tiers yourself. If you want to reset your tiers please contact us at
3. Set up your Activities
Choose how many points you want to give to each Tier for each activity.
4. Set up your Rewards
Q. Which platforms can use conditional tiers?
These tiers can only be used on Shopify and Shopify Plus as Shopify is the only platform that allows users to tag customers.
Q. How many conditional tiers can a store have?
Stores can only have 1 conditional tier as only 1 tier per store can be reliant on tags in Shopify.