Note: This guide is compatible with version 1.3.1 and above of the LoyaltyLion Magento extension. If you're running an older version, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an upgrade guide.
In this guide, we'll set up a hypothetical "signed up for a newsletter" custom activity on a Magento store.
2. Configure the rule settings. For this rule, we'll choose the following values:
- Identifier will be 'newsletter_signup' - this can be anything, but we'll use it later in our Magento code.
- We'll award 50 points for completing this activity
- We'll choose 'Immediate' - so the points don't have a pending period
- Points will be earned at most once per year - but we'll only send an event for this activity once per customer anyway.
3. Track events in our Magento store
// Construct our event payload
// This is described here:
// https://loyaltylion.com/docs/tracking-activities-and-orders $data = array(
'customer_id' => $customer->getId(),
'customer_email' => $customer->getEmail(),
'date' => date('c'),
// get a LoyaltyLion API client using the API credentials you have set in your store $client = Mage::helper('loyaltylion/client')->client();
// Track a newsletter signup event
4. Verify that the customer earned their points.