To see which plans include Shopify Product Reviews integration please see our pricing page. If Shopify Product Reviews isn’t listed on your integrations page within LoyaltyLion and you would like to start using it, please contact email@example.com
In this article:
Why LoyaltyLion and Shopify Product Reviews?
LoyaltyLion and Shopify Product Reviews integration allows you to reward customers for leaving genuine reviews of your products.
Benefits of integrating with Shopify Product Reviews
Increase Sales of reviewed products
Improve SEO Results - add SEO-friendly review scores to your Google search results
Flexible design - fully customisable design looks great with any theme
How to integrate LoyaltyLion with Shopify Product Reviews?
Note: Before you start, please make sure you installed Shopify Product Review.
1. Login to your LoyaltyLion account
2. Click on the tab Manage
3. On the left find Activity Rules and click Create new rule
4. Find Leave a review via Shopify
5. Enable your review notifications by following the steps:
Open your Shopify Reviews settings > Product Reviews > Notifications
or click here to make sure that email notifications are turned on.
6. Add your unique LoyaltyLion email address in your notification settings in Shopify Product Reviews
7. We will forward the review emails to you at this address. Leave blank if you don't want to receive any review emails:
8. Save the changes in Shopify Product Reviews settings.
9. Amend the options and click Create rule to save.
Note: You can set the Points approval period.
This feature is designed to protect your store from abuse such as a customer quickly redeeming their points and then returning the order for a refund.
If you set an approval period your customers will only be able to use these points once the specified time has elapsed. The approval period starts after the associated order has been paid. The points will appear as "pending" to the customer.
An ideal starting point is to base the approval period on your return policy.
10. Next time if you wish to change settings you can do it by clicking the Edit button next to the Write a product review rule
How to make sure your customers receive points for leaving a review?
Customers need to provide their email address with the review so we can find their customer account - you need to ensure that you enable address collection for Shopify Product reviews.
To set this up follow the steps below:
1. Log into your store admin page
2. Go to Product Reviews App Settings
3. Scroll down to the Review form text section and enable the email field.
Note: We recommend making the email field required, as it will reduce the chance of a customer forgetting to add their email address when they leave a review and missing out on their points.
4. Save the changes
The changes should take effect immediately. If you’re experiencing any issues, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. If I set the rule so the customer can be rewarded 3 times a month for leaving a review, when does the month begin?
The monthly period starts being counted when the first review is left.