In this article:
- How to add LoyaltyLion to your Shopify POS?
- Activity rules
- Using LoyaltyLion within Shopify POS
How to add LoyaltyLion to your Shopify POS?
1. To access LoyaltyLion from within Shopify POS, first you'd need to make sure LoyaltyLion is installed. When installing LoyaltyLion for the first time, we'll automatically install it on POS.
2. Open your Shopify POS and click on the Add tile
3. Then select App on the list
4. Make sure to add both App Integrations and App Links to the POS
5. Save settings by clicking the button Done
- Create an account
- Make a purchase
- Bonus points: purchase a specific product / from a specific collection
Not supported activities:
- Newsletter signup
- Social media following
Not supported rewards:
- Redeem at checkout
- Seamless reward with variants
- Gift cards
- Free shipping voucher
- Collection fixed/percentage discount
Note: if you have rewards with Collection restriction (Money off or Percentage off), the Collection restriction will not apply in the POS and customers will be able to use it with any purchase
You also have the ability to manually give points to your customers. This quick demo shows how shop assistants can use LoyaltyLion & Shopify POS to add points for loyal customers as needed, and redeem custom, ad-hoc rewards like free cups of coffee.
Using LoyaltyLion within Shopify POS
1. If a customer wants to use a discount in the POS, first add the customer account to the checkout by clicking the Add customer tile
2. When the customer is added, you should immediately see their point balance in one of the LL tiles
3. If you want to access:
- Money off entire cart
- Percentage discount off the entire cart
- Free product (voucher)
please click on the tile with points balance
4. Here you'll see all rewards currently available for your customers. Click on the discount to apply it in the checkout.
It will add it to the cart right away.
5. If you'd like to:
- add a different reward (eg. custom reward)
- see what rewards have been claimed but not redeemed by the customer
- or give them extra points
click on the Loyalty, rewards and referrals tile
And select one of the options:
- Available rewards - that customer has already claimed but not used
- Redeem rewards - to select a custom reward
- Add points - to give customers extra points they can redeem right away
Q. How do customers claim/redeem a reward in-store using Shopify POS?
The cashier finds the customer account by email address. Once the customer is selected, rewards can be redeemed by accessing LoyaltyLion on the main screen.
Note: all POS-ready rewards that the customer can access will be displayed.
Q. If a customer earns points in-store do they automatically get updated in their online account in real time?
Q. Do I need to do anything special to ensure my customers receive points?
If a new customer purchases from your physical store for the first time, all you need to do is create a Shopify account for them on the POS interface using their email address.
If the customer was already an online customer, entering their email upon checkout will ensure he/she collects points for the purchase on their account.
Q. If a customer only buys from us in store, do they still have to go online to register or will it still be tracked just in the POS system?
If a customer buys from you in-store and they give an email address, we'll track them and give them points. If they come back in-store again and you find them (by name, email, etc), you can open up LoyaltyLion within the POS app and use their points there and then. Optionally, they can register for a full account online (with the same email) and have access to their points there too.
Q. Can multiple LoyaltyLion discounts be applied to a single order?
No, but we hope to support this in the future.
Q. Can a customer use a discount in-store that they claimed online?
Yes. If a customer has used their points to claim a voucher online but has not yet used that voucher, it will appear in the list and can be applied to the POS order.
Q. Can a LoyaltyLion discount be partially applied?
No, you'll only be able to add the discount to the order if the current cost of the order is equal to the discount's value or higher. If the cart value changes after the discount has been applied, it will be removed.
Q. What if I have more than one store?
You'll need to bring your own Single Sign-On - ie, something to sync customers between the stores so they don't need to sign up multiple times. With SSO, we can merge all of those accounts in LoyaltyLion -- so they share one point balance, rewards, etc.
Q. Is there a limit to how many POS locations I can have with Multi-Link?
No - you can link any number of POS stores to a single primary website.
Q. If a customer signs up online with the same email as they've used in-store, will the points be synced? ( Multilink + standard POS)?
Once the customer has created their account online, they'll share points and rewards with their POS account (it's the same account). With multi link, assuming everything is set up in LoyaltyLion and you have Single Sign On -- the points and rewards will also be shared.
Q. If someone purchases on POS, will they appear in customers section in LL?
A customer will be a 'guest' when they sign in POS but as soon as they make a purchase they will enrol.