You can use the built-in Mailchimp integration in LoyaltyLion to automatically sync loyalty data to members of a Mailchimp list.
How to install
If you're on our Classic plan or above, you can install our Mailchimp integration from your integrations page.
What fields are synchronised?
We currently sync the following merge fields to each member:
- Points (total, approved, pending, spent, lifetime)
- Number of rewards claimed
- Date enrolled in program
- Customer's unique referral link
Note that we create these fields are created as private fields, i.e. they will not automatically appear in sign up forms or similar. You should take care not to delete or change the attributes of the fields manually in the Mailchimp interface.
How do I use these fields in Mailchimp emails?
Every field is exposed as a merge field and can be used in emails the same way as other fields like "FNAME". The complete list of merge fields we sync are:
- L_TPOINTS - Points (total)
- L_APOINTS - Points (approved/redeemable)
- L_PPOINTS - Points (pending)
- L_SPOINTS - Points (spent)
- L_LPOINTS - Points (lifetime)
- L_RCLAIMED - Rewards claimed
- L_JOINDATE - Date enrolled in program
- L_REFLINK - Referral link
How and when do we push updates to Mailchimp?
Whenever a customer changes in LoyaltyLion (e.g. by earning or redeeming points) LoyaltyLion will update a matching customer in your chosen list who has the same email address. If the list does not contain a member with the same email address, we won't do anything.
We will update any member of the list, even if they are not subscribed - this is useful if you use Mailchimp to send transactional emails.
The update to Mailchimp is usually very quick - within minutes of the customer changing.