You can use the built-in MailChimp integration in LoyaltyLion to automatically sync loyalty data to members of a MailChimp list.
How to install
What fields are synchronised?
We currently sync the following merge fields to each member:
- Points (total, approved, pending, spent, lifetime)
- Number of rewards claimed
- Date enrolled in program
- Customer's unique referral link
- Loyalty Tier
Note that we create these fields as private fields, i.e. they will not automatically appear in sign-up forms or similar. You should take care not to delete or change the attributes of the fields manually in the MailChimp interface.
How do I use these fields in Mailchimp emails?
Every field is exposed as a merge field and can be used in emails the same way as other fields like "FNAME". The complete list of merge fields we sync are:
- L_TPOINTS - Points (total)
- L_APOINTS - Points (approved/redeemable)
- L_PPOINTS - Points (pending)
- L_SPOINTS - Points (spent)
- L_LPOINTS - Points (lifetime)
- L_RCLAIMED - Rewards claimed
- L_JOINDATE - Date enrolled in program
- L_REFLINK - Referral link
- L_BIRTHDAY - Customer Birthday
How and when do we push updates to Mailchimp?
Whenever a customer changes in LoyaltyLion (e.g. by earning or redeeming points) LoyaltyLion will update a matching customer in your chosen list who has the same email address. If the list does not contain a member with the same email address, we won't do anything.
We will update any member of the list, even if they are not subscribed - this is useful if you use MailChimp to send transactional emails.
The update to MailChimp is usually very quick - within minutes of the customer changing.